My Hope

I'm new here....This is my first writing on this page. If I have make a mistake in my post, I'm so sorry because I poor in english. I did well created this blog helped by my lovely friends. They teach me how to create it. I was over the moon when I have this blog. I create this blog because of my BEL 260 lecture Miss Zuraidah. She wants us to learn english through writing in blog, so I need to fulfill her request. In addition I can improved my english skill...so Enjoy in Writing & Reading........

Tuesday 14 February 2012

How to Write Inroduction for Paragraph

How to write introduction for an essay??? Every essay will have introduction paragraph. In this paragraph, it will gave some explanation abot the title. The Hook are designed to grab attention immediately and give some indication aboout the essay’s topic.Therefore, there have a few types of Hooks that we can use to start the paragraph.
·         Personal examples
·         Quotations
·         Facts or Statistics
·         Rhetorical Questions
·         Current events
·         Contrast to the Thesis Statement
·         Defination
Then we can put ‘The Transition’. It can moves the reader from the hook to the driving force of the essay.
Lastly , the intro can be ends with the thesis. It makes the contract with the reader about what will be discussed without a transparent announcement.
Elya, Amalina and I did the contrast the thesis statement hook. We choose topic about gays.

No comments:

Post a Comment