My Hope

I'm new here....This is my first writing on this page. If I have make a mistake in my post, I'm so sorry because I poor in english. I did well created this blog helped by my lovely friends. They teach me how to create it. I was over the moon when I have this blog. I create this blog because of my BEL 260 lecture Miss Zuraidah. She wants us to learn english through writing in blog, so I need to fulfill her request. In addition I can improved my english skill...so Enjoy in Writing & Reading........

Thursday 16 February 2012

Presentation Simple Past Tense & Past Continous Tense


Last presentation about grammar part. It is made by Jihan’s group ang Ifah’s group. This grammar part we need to learn very carefull. It is hard to explain if we are not understand deeply about this part.


When to used simple past tense :
1.      To talk about actions that happen at a specific time in the past.
You state when it happened using a time adverb.
2.      It can be used to described events that happened over a period of the time in the past but not now.
3.      It is also used to talk about habitual or repeated actions that took place in the past.

Spelling rules for simple past tense of regular verbs :
If the verbs ends in a consonant, +ed
E.g: return- returned
        help- helped
        cook- cooked
If the verbs ends in e, +d
E.g: live- lived
       create- created
If the verb ends in a consonant –vowel-consonant combination ( CVC ), double the last consonant  and +ed
E.g: hop- hopped
        rub- rubbed
Exception : word ending in _w, x, or _y (bow-bowed, play-played, mix-mixed)
If the verb ends in a consonant +y, change the _y to _i and _ed
E.g: worry- worried
        copy- copied
If the verb ends in a vowel +y, add _ed
E.g: play- played
        annoy- annoyed
Exception : pay- paid, lay-laid, say- said

Very important notes. From Nolek's group.
What is past continuous tense? 
The past continuous tense is used to show an action that lasted for some time in the past. The actions can be interrupted by something or can be happening at the same time.


After everything is done, both group combine the game which is play a musical chair. Each  group has 6 people. They use “move like jagger” song. Final game, they open a question and any group can answer it. The reward for open question will get cool blog.BUT my group did not get the cool blog..






No comments:

Post a Comment