My Hope

I'm new here....This is my first writing on this page. If I have make a mistake in my post, I'm so sorry because I poor in english. I did well created this blog helped by my lovely friends. They teach me how to create it. I was over the moon when I have this blog. I create this blog because of my BEL 260 lecture Miss Zuraidah. She wants us to learn english through writing in blog, so I need to fulfill her request. In addition I can improved my english skill...so Enjoy in Writing & Reading........

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Purpose & Author's Tone

Author's Purpose
Authors have several purpose in mind when writing something. They wrote an essay sometimes to :
  • Inform
  • Entertain
  • Persuade
All of this things can make us know their real purpose on their writing. Maybe they want to inform something to the reader,to give entertainment or to persuade the reader. There are a lot of kind of writing with their own purpose..
If the passage contains 
  • facts or true information = to inform or teach
  • fiction = to entertain
  • tries to get you to do something = to persuade or convince 


Here have some information: 

Author's Tone
For author's tone, there have 2 basics tone with are :
  1. Positive 
  2. Negative
We can see the tone after we understand the text either it is positive tone or negative tone. We can tell if the writer is showing  a positive attitude or a negative attitude through his word choice.
  • sarcastic
  • optimistic
  • pessimistic
  • indifferent
  • cynical
  • bitter
  • encouraging
  • mocking
  • praising


In this class, we had made some exercise about this topic. At the end, we can differentiate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment